The JPC 18th Week of Celebration - JPC Weeklong Youth Olympics & JPA Graduation
Monday, July 22nd, 2013
Monday, July 22, 2013 thru Saturday July 27, 2013 in Johnson Park Cornhill-Utica, NY
On behalf of the JCTOD Outreach, Inc. (dba) Johnson Park Center (JPC) Youth Programs & the JPC Homeless & Chronically Homeless Safe & Supportive Housing Programs (JPA), we are inviting you to our 18th Year Week of Celebration with our Weeklong Mini & Main Youth Olympics with Education/Life Skills Training Health/Job Fair and Awards Ceremony and the Johnson Park Apartments ( JPA) Graduation. Mon, Ju122th through Fri, Jul 26 @ 5pm to 8pm we will have the Mini Youth Olympics with 2nd KIND Kickball. On Saturday Sat Jul 27 with be the Main Youth Olympics with the 2nd Year KIND Kickball Final Competition and Awards Ceremony with all 1st winners receiving trophies, and the JPA Graduation. This event is being sponsored in part by the US HUD Supportive Housing Program, New York State Supportive Housing Program, Oneida County Youth Bureau, the City of Utica Community Development Block Grant, the United Way of the Valley and Greater Utica, Bank of Utica, Adirondack Bank, NBT Bank, Walmart, Home Depot, Carbone Auto Group, Columbia Place Associates, UPD Federal Credit Union, friends & supporters of JPC.
Download/print our flyers:
The Festivities will include:
- Free food and Free activities including the KIND Kickball Tournament and competitions such as jump rope, track races, aerobics, an eating contest and a Pogo jumping contest. Children will be able to play in JPC's inflatable bouncy house and obstacle course, along with being able to participate in other games and activities.
- JPC/JPA program participants and staff along with the JPC Youth Program Leadership Group-the Youth Voice Initiative- will share their reasons why they do not use drugs or participate in any illegal activities. We will encourage the community to embrace peace, love and unity and actively demonstrate that Positive Change continues to happen in Cornhill and in Utica.
- An Education/Life Skills Training, Health and Job Fair to educate the community about the health issues stemming from substance abuse and youth violence while simultaneously making employment and job training opportunities available to Cornhill residents.
- The JPA graduation program participants in the Johnson Park Apartments Safe & Supportive Housing Women & Children's Program & the Chronically Homeless Single Women. The Alumni Graduates have successful completed two years at JPA in the focus areas of Participation, Respect, Independent Living Skills, Single & Family Life Home Management Skills and Interpersonal Relationships.
- Daily Awards Ceremony to congratulate the Youth Olympics winners and on Saturday is the Final Completion Awards Ceremony with all 1st place winners will receive a Trophy.
If you would like to have more information please contact:
Mr. Phillips at (315) 235-5766 or e-mail at email@example.com
or Ms. Gruchy at (315) 734-9608 or e-mail Ms. McCormick at firstname.lastname@example.org
PS-Other Week of Celebration Activities includes:
- JPC Free Food/Building Supplies Give-A-Way: Mon, Jul 22 & Tue Jul 23@ 5pm-8pm;
- The Mohawk Valley Housing and Homeless Coalition Meeting 18 Year Celebration, Accomplishments, Special Recognition: Thu Jul 25 @ 1:15pm to 3:15pm;
- Wedding in Johnson Park, Fri, Jul 27@ 6pm Graduation for persons who participated 100% Daily Training Classes@ Fri, Jul 27@ 7:15pm;
- Kids Kamp Graduation/ Family Day Banquet/ 18th Year JCTOD & JPC Birthday Party/Seed of Hope with The Rev. Meier 25 Years Clean Celebration Sun Jul 28@ 1pm-8 pm.