Back to School Party RESCHEDULED for Thursday, August 15th
Wednesday, August 14th, 2013
JPC Back To School and Say No To Drugs Party;
The Youth Voice Initiative Summer Work Experience Special Recognition Ceremony;
The Recognition & Presentation of the JPC Community Service Award
Wednesday, August 14, 2013 to
Thursday, August 15, 2013 @ 3 pm to 9pm in Johnson Park Cornhill-Utica, NY
On behalf of the JCTOD Outreach, Inc. (dba) Johnson Park Center (JPC) Youth Programs & the JPC Homeless & Chronically Homeless Safe & Supportive Housing Programs (JPA), we are inviting you to our final 2013 summer event, the "JPC Back To School and Say No To Drugs Party"; the Youth Voice Initiative Summer Work Experience Special Recognition Ceremony and Recognition & Presentation to an individual with the JPC Community Service Award is being re-scheduled from Wednesday August 14th due to inclement weather & rain. The Event will be held on Thursday August 15, 2013@ 3 pm to 9 pm at the JPC Youth Center, 26 Johnson Park
This event is being sponsored in part by the US HUD Supportive Housing Program, New York State Supportive Housing Program, Oneida County Youth Bureau, the City of Utica Community Development Block Grant, the United Way of the Valley and Greater Utica, Bank of Utica, Adirondack Bank, NBT Bank, Carbone Auto Group, Columbia Place Associates, UPD Federal Credit Union, friends & supporters of JPC. Rain Date is Thursday, August 15, 2013 @ 3:00 pm to 9pm.
The festivities will include:
- Free Food & Free Activities such as "Five Ways to be Successful in School" Writing Contest, Multiplication Contest, Concretion Contest, Back To School Word Search Contest, and Single Jump Rope, Track Race and the new Pogo Stick Contest with 1st Place winners receiving prizes. Children will be able to play in JPC's inflatable bouncy house along with being able to participate in other games and activities.
- All students attending will receive free school supplies.
- Recognition of youth who are members of the JPC Youth Voice Initiative for having completed Summer Phase of Work Experience. Each Youth Voice will receive a gift card valued up to $200.00 in order to purchase needed personal & school supplies to go to school.
- Recognition & Presentation to an individual with the JPC Community Service Award.
- The JPC Youth Voice Initiative, Program Participants & Staff will share their reasons why it is important to be successful in school and why they do not use drugs or participate in any illegal activities. We will encourage the community and peers to be focused and be excited about going back to school, to encourage youth to get excellent grades, have good behavior and actively demonstrate that Positive Changes Continues to Happen in Cornhill.
If you would like to have more information please contact:
Mr. Phillips at (315) 235-5766 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Gruchy at (315) 734-9608 or e-mail Ms. McCormick at email@example.com
Thank you so much for your continual support & Join Positive Change at the Johnson Park Center (JPC)!