Back to School Party - An Open Invitation to All Media & the Community
Thursday, August 13th, 2015
JPC Back To School and Say No To Drugs Party;
The Youth Voice Initiative Special Recognition Ceremony;
The Recognition & Presentation of the JPC Community Service Award;
The Ricky Powell & Brian West Memorial Celebration
Tuesday, August 18,
@ 2015 to 5pm in Johnson Park Cornhill-Utica, NY 9pm
On behalf of the JCTOD Outreach, Inc. (dba) Johnson Park Center (JPC) Youth Programs & the JPC Homeless & Chronically Homeless Safe & Supportive Housing Programs (JPA), we are inviting you to our final 2015 summer event, the "JPC Back To School and Say No To Drugs Party," the Youth Voice Initiative & Head, Hand & Heart Family Enrichment Special Recognition Ceremonies, and the Ricky Powell & Brian West Memorial Celebration is being held on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 @ 5 pm to 9 pm at the JPC Youth Center, 26 Johnson Park. The rain date is
This event is being sponsored in part by the US HUD Supportive Housing Program, New York State Supportive Housing Program, The Oneida County Youth Bureau, The City of Utica Community Development Block Grant, the Utica National Group Foundation Inc. Fund-a donor advised fund of the of the Community Foundation of Herkimer & Oneida Counties, the United Way of the Valley and Greater Utica, The Food Bank of Central New York, Bank of Utica, NBT Bank, Home Depot, Walmart- Marcy & New Hartford, United Health Community Plan, Pepsi Bottling Co., Bed, Bath & Beyond , Friends & supporters of JPC.
The festivities will include:
- Free Food & Free Activities such as "Five Ways to be Successful in School" Writing Contest, Multiplication Contest, and Single Jump Rope, Track Race, and the new Pogo Stick Contest with 1st Place winners receiving prizes. Children will be able to play in JPC's inflatable bouncy house along with being able to participate in other games and activities.
- All students attending the event will receive free school supplies.
- Recognition of youth who are members of the JPC Youth Voice Initiative for having completed Summer Phase of Work Experience. Each Youth Voice will receive a gift card valued up to $200.00 in order to purchase needed personal & school supplies to go to school.
- Recognition & Presentation to an individual with the JPC Community Service Award.
- Special Recognition Ceremony for HHH Program which through the use of technology and hands-on learning early childhood development in literary, learning, and school readiness success program for children ages 3-5 years and serves their siblings and parents. The 3 focus areas, Individual Tutoring, the JPC Child/Youth Center, and Home Visits are designed to: (1) enhance 3 to 5 years old quality of life to stimulate early learning; and (2) develop family to healthy home lives because the two combined are paramount to a child's success.
- The JPC Youth Voice Initiative, Program Participants & Staff will share their reasons why it is important to be successful in school and why they do not use drugs or participate in any illegal activities. We will encourage the community and peers to be focused and be excited about going back to school, to encourage youth to get excellent grades, have good behavior and actively demonstrate that Positive Changes Continue to Happen in Cornhill.
- A Community Remembrance Celebration at the Ricky Powell & Brian West Memorial Plaza at the corner of Arthur & West for their lives departed due to gun violence.
If you would like to have more information please contact:
Ms. Copfer at (315) 941-0820 or Ms. Tucker at (315) 734-9608
or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you so much for your continual support & Join Positive Change at the Johnson Park Center (JPC)!