JPC & JPA and the Emergency Family Shelter Annual Christmas Celebration with Photos
Monday, January 4th, 2016
What: The Johnson Park Center (JPC) Johnson Park Apartments (JPA) and the Emergency Family Shelter Annual Christmas Celebration with Photos
When: Friday, December 18, 2015
Where: 26 Johnson Park-Cornhill, Utica
UTICA, NY - The Johnson Park Center (JPC) had its Annual Christmas Celebration on Friday, December 18, 2015 from 4 pm to 6 pm at the Headquarters Facility located at 26 Johnson Park.
The holiday season is often a difficult time for the individuals and families involved in JPC's Safe & Supportive Housing & Services Program for the Homeless. However, JPC's Annual Christmas Celebration allows the women and children from each program to come together for this special event and create meaningful memories - the Celebration is an opportunity to bond as a community and as families in a safe, substance-free environment.
All individuals who reside at JPC - including families in the JPA Women & Children Program, ladies in the JPA Single Women Program, JPC Shelter families and single women residing at the Shelter – attended the Celebration, along with some of their family members. JPC Board members, Staff, and volunteers served the meal to our program participants and guests.
The Celebration included:
- The JPA Empowerment/Community Meeting
- Sang Christmas Carols
- Christmas Celebration Dinner
- Received and Opened Christmas Presents/Food Baskets given by Hamilton College and Carbone Auto Group.
- In addition, JPC and our funding partners gave all the program participants – children and adults – presents and provided for the Christmas Dinner.
- Funded sponsors include: The United Way of the Valley and Greater Utica, The Food Bank of Central New York, Bank of Utica, US HUD Supportive Housing Program, New York State Supportive Housing Program; The Oneida County Youth Bureau and Department of Social Services, The City of Utica Community Development Block Grant and Emergency Shelter Grant Program, "The Utica National Group Foundation Inc. Fund" and "The Mele Family Fund", donor advised funds of the of the Community Foundation of Herkimer & Oneida Counties.
Thank you to Hamilton College, Carbone Auto Group, Pepsi Bottling Co., Bed, Bath & Beyond, all of our funding partners, Churches, businesses, JPC Friends & Supporters, Board, Staff and volunteers that helped make JPC's 2015 Christmas Celebration a huge success!
Contact: Ms. Caitlyn Copfer, Media Coordinator, 315-941-0820 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org