JPC 21st JPC Weeklong Youth Olympics, Ceremonies/Graduations
Tuesday, July 19th, 2016
What: Johnson Park Center (JPC) 21st Weeklong Youth Olympics, Ceremonies/Graduation
When: Monday, July 18, 2016 thru Saturday, July 23, 2016
Where: 26 Johnson Park-Cornhill, Utica
On behalf of the JCTOD Outreach, Inc. (dba) Johnson Park Center (JPC) Youth Programs & the JPC Homeless & Chronically Homeless Safe & Supportive Housing Programs (JPA), we are inviting you to our 21st Year Weeklong Mini & Main Youth Olympics with Ceremonies &Graduations. starting Mon, July 18 thru Sat, Jul 23, 2016. This event is being sponsored in part by the US HUD Supportive Housing Program, New York State Supportive Housing Program, The Oneida County Youth Bureau, The City of Utica Community Development Block Grant, the Utica National Group Foundation Inc. Fund-a donor advised fund of the of the Community Foundation of Herkimer & Oneida Counties, the United Way of the Valley and Greater Utica, The Food Bank of Central New York, Bank of Utica, Home Depot, Walmart- Marcy & New Hartford, United Health Care, friends & supporters of JPC.
The Festivities will include:
· Free Food Giveaway Mon Jul 18 and Tue July 19 @5pm-8pm
·Free Buildings Supply Giveaway Tue Jul 19th @ 5pm-8pm
· Free Food and Free Activities all week starting with the Mini Youth Olympics Mon., July 18 – Thu July 21, Main Youth Olympics on Fri Jul 22 @5pm-8pm with competitions such as jump rope, track races, aerobics, an eating contest, and a Pogo jumping contest. Children will be able to play in JPC's inflatable bouncy house and obstacle course. There will be other games and activities for children and adults!
· In addition there will be Life Skills/Empowerment Training & Awards Ceremony daily; Mini- Youth Olympics Winners Ceremony daily; HHH Graduation on Wed July 20; Recovery Coach Graduation on Thu July 21; Main Youth Olympics Awards Ceremony and JPA Graduation on Sat Jul 23.
· The first 400 people to register & sign at Main Youth Olympics on Fri Jul 22 with receive a FREE JPC Hat. Parents/caregivers must register & sign in all children under 18 years old.
· JPC/JPA Program Participants and Staff along with the JPC Youth Program Leadership Group-the Youth Voice Initiative- will share their reasons why they do not use drugs or participate in any illegal activities. We will encourage the community to embrace peace, love, and unity and actively demonstrate that Positive Change continues to happen in Cornhill and in Utica.
· Special Recognition Ceremony for HHH Program which through the use of technology and hands-on learning early childhood development in literary, learning, and school readiness success program for children ages 3-5 years and serves their siblings and parents. The 3 focus areas, Individual Tutoring, the JPC Child/Youth Center, and Home Visits are designed to: (1) enhance 3 to 5 years old quality of life to stimulate early learning; and (2) develop family to healthy home lives because the two combined are paramount to a child's success.
· The JPA graduation program participants in the Johnson Park Apartments Safe & Supportive Housing Women & Children's Program & the Chronically Homeless Single Women. The Alumni Graduates have successful completed two years at JPA in the focus areas of Participation, Respect, Independent Living Skills, Single & Family Life Home Management Skills, and Interpersonal Relationships.
Contact: Ms. Caitlyn Copfer, Media Coordinator, 315-941-0820 or JPC Office at 315-734-9608 e-mail: email@example.com
Thank you so much for your continual support of the Johnson Park Center.