22nd JPC Weeklong Youth Olympics
Wednesday, July 5th, 2017
An Open Invitation to the Community & Media
The JPC 22nd JPC Weeklong Youth Olympics, Ceremonies/Graduations
Monday, July 17, 2017 thru Saturday, July 22, 2017
in Johnson Park Cornhill-Utica, NY
Utica NY. On behalf of the JCTOD Outreach, Inc. (dba) Johnson Park Center (JPC) Youth Programs & the JPC Homeless & Chronically Homeless Safe & Supportive Housing Programs (JPA), we are inviting you to our 22nd Year Weeklong Mini & Main Youth Olympics with Ceremonies & Graduations starting Monday July 17 thru Saturday July 22, 2017. This event was being sponsored in part by Utica National Group Foundation, Inc. Fund, M&T Bank/Partners Charitable Fund & the Mele Family Funds-Donor Advised Funds of the Community Foundation of Herkimer & Oneida Counties; the United Way for the Valley and Greater Utica Area; the National Emergency Food and Shelter Program; the Food Bank of Central New York, the Bank of Utica, the United Health Community Plan, the US HUD Supportive Housing Program, New York State Supportive Housing Program, NYS Homeless Housing & Assistance Program, Oneida County Youth Bureau, Oneida County Department of Social Services, the City of Utica Community Development Block Grant and Emergency Solutions Grant, JCTOD Inc., various Businesses, Organizations, Churches and JCTOD/JPC friends & supporters. (Please see attached Flyer and Photo).
The Festivities will include:
· Free Food Giveaway Monday July 17 and Tuesday July 18 @5pm-8pm.
· Free Food and Free Activities all week starting with the Mini Youth Olympics Monday July 17–Thursday July 20, Main Youth Olympics on Friday July 21 @5pm-8pm with competitions such as jump rope, track races, aerobics, an eating contest, and a Pogo jumping contest. Children will be able to play in JPC's inflatable bouncy house and obstacle course. There will be other games and activities for children and adults!
· In addition there will be Life Skills/Empowerment Training & Awards Ceremony daily; Mini-Youth Olympics Winners Ceremony daily; Security Guards Graduation on Wednesday July 19; Recreation Aides Special Recognition Ceremony Thursday July 20; Main Youth Olympics Awards Ceremony Friday July 21 and Johnson Park Apartments (JPA) Graduation on Saturday July 22.
· The first 400 people to register & sign at Main Youth Olympics on Friday July 21 with receive a FREE JPC Notepad. Parents/caregivers must register & sign in all children under 18 years old.
· JPC/JPA Program Participants and Staff along with the JPC Youth Program Leadership Group-the Youth Voice Initiative- will share their reasons why they do not use drugs or participate in any illegal activities. We will encourage the community to embrace peace, love, and unity and actively demonstrate that Positive Change continues to happen in Cornhill and in Utica.
· The JPA graduation program participants in the Johnson Park Apartments Safe & Supportive Housing Women & Children's Program & the Chronically Homeless Single Women. The Alumni Graduates have successful completed two years at JPA in the focus areas of Participation, Respect, Independent Living Skills, Single & Family Life Home Management Skills, and Interpersonal Relationships.
Other Week of Celebration on Saturday July 22 @ 2pm-8 pm.
· Family Day Banquet
· Kids Kamp Recognition Ceremony
· Children & Family Dedication Ceremony
· Johnson Park Apartments Graduation
· JCTOD & JPC Birthday Party
· Seed of Hope Clean Time Celebration
If you would like to have more information please contact:
Ms. Copfer at (315) 941-0820 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or JPC Office at (315) 734-9608