Back to School Party
Monday, July 31st, 2017
An Open Invitation to All Media & the Community
JPC Back To School and Say No To Drugs Party;
The Youth Voice Initiative Special Recognition Ceremony;
Head, Hand and Heart Family Enrichment Special Recognition Ceremony;
The Recognition & Presentation of the JPC Community Service Award;
The Ricky Powell & Brian West Memorial Celebration
Utica, New York. On behalf of the JCTOD Outreach, Inc. (dba) Johnson Park Center (JPC) Youth Programs & the JPC Homeless & Chronically Homeless Safe & Supportive Housing Programs (JPA), we are inviting you to our final 2017 summer event, the "JPC Back To School and Say No To Drugs Party," the Youth Voice Initiative & Head, Hand & Heart Family Enrichment Special Recognition Ceremony and the Ricky Powell & Brian West Memorial Celebration is being held on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 @ 4 pm to 8 pm at the JPC Youth Center, 26 Johnson Park. See attached Flyer. The rain date is Wednesday August 16, 2017same time.
This event was being sponsored in part by Utica National Group Foundation, Inc. Fund, M&T Bank/Partners Charitable Fund & the Mele Family Funds-Donor Advised Funds of the Community Foundation of Herkimer & Oneida Counties; the United Way for the Valley and Greater Utica Area; the National Emergency Food and Shelter Program; the Food Bank of Central New York, the Bank of Utica, the United Health Community Plan, the US HUD Supportive Housing Program, New York State Supportive Housing Program, NYS Homeless Housing & Assistance Program, Oneida County Youth Bureau, Oneida County Department of Social Services, the City of Utica Community Development Block Grant and Emergency Solutions Grant and JPC friends & supporters.
The festivities will include:
· Free Food & Free Activities such as "Five Ways to be Successful in School" Writing Contest, Multiplication Contest, and Single Jump Rope, Track Race, and the new Pogo Stick Contest with 1st Place winners receiving Special Binders, Backpacks & School Su
· The 1st 1000 students who are signed-in and physically present at the party during the time at of the give-out will receive a bag of school supplies.
· Recognition of youth who are members of the JPC Youth Voice Initiative for having completed Summer Phase of Work Experience. Each Youth Voice will receive a gift card valued up to $200.00 in order to purchase needed personal & school supplies to go to sch
· Recognition & Presentation to an individual with the JPC Community Service Award.
· Special Recognition Ceremony for the Head, Hand & Heart (HHH) Family Enrichment Program for the progress that has been achieved during this summer. HHH is an early childhood development, behavior modification and access to education, literacy, learning and school readiness success program for children ages 3, 4 & 5. The preschoolers learn "hands-on" with technology & educational toys, receives individual tutoring and group traditional education & life skills activities. The preschooler's siblings have access to the HHH services and their parents/caregivers receives assistance through advocacy, home visits and parenting support group which are designed to enhance 3 to 5 years old quality of life to stimulate early learning; and develop family healthy home life because the two combined are paramount to a child's school success.
· The JPC Youth Voice Initiative, Program Participants & Staff will share their reasons why it is important to be successful in school and why they do not use drugs or participate in any illegal activities. We will encourage the community and peers to be focused and be excited about going back to school, to encou
· A Community Remembrance Celebration at the Ricky Powell & Brian West Memorial Plaza at the corner of Arthur & West for their lives departed due to gun violence.
If you would like to have more information please contact:
Or JPC Office at (315) 734-9608